Sarasota Opera House & Box Office
61 N. Pineapple Avenue
Sarasota, FL 34236
Box Office: (941) 328-1300
Sarasota Opera Administrative Office
50 Central Avenue, Suite 820
Sarasota, FL 34236
Click to view the Season Calendar.
Thank you to our Opera Season Sponsor
Follow the daily activities of Sarasota Opera by reading What's New at Sarasota Opera: the Sarasota Opera Blog. This interactive blog is updated on a regular basis.
Sarasota Opera owns and performs in the historic Sarasota Opera House. The building has recently undergone a $20-million rehabilitation to restore the beauty of the 1920's theater, while creating an up-to-date opera house for the 21st century.
Read more about the Sarasota Opera House
The Verdi Cycle
"One of the most significant achievements in the opera world."
—John Fleming, Tampa Bay Times
The Verdi Cycle began in 1989 as a unique undertaking to perform the complete works of Giuseppe Verdi, both operatic (including all alternative versions of the operas), and incidental music. By the completion of the Cycle in 2016, Sarasota Opera will be the only company in the world to have performed every note of music Verdi ever wrote.
Works To Be Performed
A King for a Day (Un giorno di regno)
Jérusalem (adapted from Verdi's I Lombardi alla prima crociata)
The Battle of Legnano (La battaglia di Legnano)
Don Carlos (Paris version)
Works Performed To Date
- Un ballo in maschera
- Simon Boccanegra (American premiere of original version)
- Simon Boccanegra (Standard version)
- Il trovatore
- Les Vêpres siciliennes (American premiere in the original French)
- La forza del destino (original version)
- La forza del destino (standard version)
- La traviata
- Luisa Miller
- Oberto, conte di San Bonifacio
- Requiem Mass and Stabat Mater
- Le trouvère
- Macbeth (original version)
- Macbeth (standard version)
- Il corsaro
- I masnadieri
- I due Foscari
- Don Carlos (Revised 4 Act version in French)
- I Lombardi