Follow the daily activities of Sarasota Opera by reading What's New at Sarasota Opera: the Sarasota Opera Blog. This interactive blog is updated on a regular basis.
Follow Us On
Regular outreach concerts are performed by Sarasota Opera artists for local civic, social, and service clubs as well as for area business functions and special occasions, making performances more accessible to the community. Working on the belief that opera can benefit everyone, the Sarasota Opera seeks to develop relationships with individuals from diverse cultural, ethnic, and socio-economic groups.
Designing, implementing, and continuing activities in this audience-development process requires a commitment to learning more about these individuals and groups. Our artists present a wide variety of concerts across the region free of charge, in order to make opera accessible to everyone. To learn more about bringing an outreach concert to your community, e-mail Sam Lowry, Director of Audience Development.
Da Capo Society
The Da Capo Society is a young patrons group exclusive to Sarasota Opera. Designed specifically for arts enthusiasts between the ages of 21 - 45, members are offered a unique and affordable introduction to Sarasota Opera and the world of Opera.
CRITERIA AND MEMBERSHIP:
• Designed for area young professionals between 21 – 45 years old
• Purchase a 3 opera subscription for $99 per subscription
• Make a $75 donation to Sarasota Opera (one per household)
• Season kick-off party at opera house with singers
• Pre-performance reception with backstage tour before the March 10 performance of Madama Butterfly
• Three members of this group will be invited to serve as committee members on Sarasota Opera’s Audience Development Committee
• Ideal for newcomers to Sarasota
• Free ticket exchanges
• Complimentary subscription to Sarasota Opera’s newsletter Libretto
• Your name listed as a STAR donor in the newsletter
• Invitation to Special Events throughout the year
• Down the line: Plan and host an unconventional fundraiser for Sarasota Opera; pre or post- performance happy hours; Volunteer opportunities
Subscription forms for the Da Capo Society are available HERE. For questions or to request more information, contact Sam Lowry at firstname.lastname@example.org or (941) 328-1322.